At the door of the monastery, place a sensible old man who knows how to take a message and deliver a reply.” (Rule of St. Benedict – Chapter 66)
If there are craftsmen in the monastery, let them practice their crafts with all humility. If any of the work of the craftsmen is to be sold…let them always remember…that in all things God may be glorified.” (Rule of St. Benedict – Chapter 57)
- The Gift Shop will reopen on Sunday, November 13. Until further the Gift Shop hours are as follows:
- Sundays: 2.15 – 4.15 p.m.
- Tuesdays: 2.15 – 4.15 p.m.
- Thursdays: 2.15 – 4.15 p.m.
- Fridays: 2.15 – 4.15 p.m.
- Saturdays: 2.15 – 4.15 p.m.
- The Gift Shop will be closed on Mondays and Wednesdays
- Please also note that THE GIFT SHOP WILL BE CLOSED ON CHRISTMAS DAY AND NEW YEAR’S DAY, reopening on Tuesday, January 3, at 2.15 p.m.
- See also
The first building many of our guests visit when they come to the monastery is the Gift Shop/Porter’s Cottage located at the end of the entrance road to the monastery. Our gift shop features books on spirituality, theology, Cistercian and monastic spirituality, original Icons, other religious art and devotional objects, greeting cards, our own monastery products, as well as those from other Trappist monasteries. Included in new merchandise are various items with the Abbey logo on them like coffee mugs, t-shirts, and hooded long-sleeve shirts.
MONASTERY FRUITCAKES FOR CHRISTMAS 2022
Once again fruitcake production has been limited this year and fewer cakes are available for sale—all our fruitcakes are now sold out. However, the large fruitcakes are still available along with Creamed Honeys, and Monastery Truffles and can still be purchased online at: www.monasteryfruitcake.org. Please note that these are the 2.25 lb. round fruitcake and the online price is $40/cake plus shipping.
See our Fruitcake availability and learn about other products made right here at Holy Cross Abbey
Or go to the Bakery Webstore.