As the glorious Season of Easter continues, we are happy to announce a partial opening of the Monastery Chapel. By this is meant that the chapel is now open to our retreatants during their stay with us. The reason for not yet opening to the public in general is that our small Guest Chapel limits the number of people it can accommodate, while still attempting some degree of social distancing. It is to be hoped that this temporary arrangement will soon give way to the full opening of the chapel. We thank you for your understanding in this regard and will let you all know as soon as the present restriction is lifted.
In the meantime, however, our Retreat House is open but does require that retreatants be vaccinated. Until further notice, the confessor/counselor will also not be available. For more information on safety measures being implemented in our Retreat House and for making a reservation, please email Carol Hensley at email@example.com Also, we will continue to livestream daily mass and the main offices of the day: Lauds and Mass at 7.00 a.m. (Sunday Mass at 10.00 a.m.); Vespers at 5.30 p.m. and Compline at 7.30 p.m. (Please be aware that the quality of both image and sound is far less than ideal because of technical limitations)
- Anyone wishing virtually participate our liturgies need simply Click Here to be redirected to our livestreaming page.
MONASTERY FRUITCAKES AND THE GIFT SHOP
Fruit Cakes, Creamed Honeys, and Monastery Truffles can still be purchased online at: www.monasteryfruitcake.org In the light of continuing health concerns relating to COVID-19, the Gift Shop remains closed until further notice. We thank our faithful fruitcake customers for availing themselves of the pick-up service offered at the Gift Shop and if you still wish to purchase these fruitcakes, they (small and large) remain available. To this end, please note:
- Fruitcakes will be placed in the foyer of the Gift Shop—which will be open from 8.30 a.m., until 4.30 p.m., Sunday through Saturday—no monk will be in attendance.
- The price of each larger 2.25 lb. cake is $35.00 and each 1.5 lb. fruitcake is $25.00—these prices include sales tax.
- Checks are preferred, but cash is also welcome—please ensure that you have the exact amount as change cannot be provided.
- A deposit box for checks/cash is also located in the foyer.
- AND WHEREAS OUR CREAMED HONEYS ARE AVAILABLE IN THE FOYER OF THE GIFT SHOP, the logistics involved dissuade us from making any other products or items from the Gift Shop available at this time—we thank you for your understanding.
- Also, please note that the monastery and abbey chapel remain closed to the public until further notice.
Please join us in praying for all those directly affected by this unprecedented health crisis—especially those who have lost loved ones.