As the New Year gets underway, it remains with regret that we are not yet able to open our chapel which, for the present, remains closed to the public. The rapid spread of the Delta and Omicron variants and the uncertainty around the effectiveness of vaccination in response to these variants, argues for prudence in awaiting further information and data. If conditions continue to improve, we look forward to reopening the monastery and welcoming friends and visitors again.
In the meantime, however, our Retreat House is open but requires that retreatants be vaccinated. Please be aware that there is still no direct access to our masses and prayer services at this time. Until further notice, the confessor/counselor will also not be available. For more information on safety measures being implemented in our Retreat House and for making a reservation, please email Carol Hensley at firstname.lastname@example.org However, we attempt to livestream daily mass and the main offices of the day: Lauds and Mass at 7.00 a.m. (Sunday Mass at 10.00 a.m.); Vespers at 5.30 p.m. and Compline at 7.30 p.m. (Please be aware that the quality of both image and sound is far less than ideal because of technical limitations)
- Anyone wishing virtually participate our liturgies need simply Click Here to be redirected to our livestreaming page.
MONASTERY FRUITCAKES AND THE GIFT SHOP
Fruit Cakes, Creamed Honeys, and Monastery Truffles can still be purchased online at: www.monasteryfruitcake.org In the light of continuing health concerns relating to COVID-19, the Gift Shop remains closed until further notice. We thank our faithful fruitcake customers for availing themselves of the pick-up service offered at the Gift Shop and if you still wish to purchase these fruitcakes, they will remain available over the next few weeks. To this end, please note:
- Fruitcakes will be placed in the foyer of the Gift Shop—which will be open from 8.30 a.m., until 4.30 p.m., Sunday through Saturday—no monk will be in attendance. SMALLER CAKES ARE STILL AVAILABLE IN THE GIFT SHOP FOYER BUT PLEASE NOTE THAT THE LARGER ROUND FRUITCAKES ARE SOLD OUT AT THE GIFT SHOP BUT STILL AVAILABLE ONLINE
- The price of each larger 2.25 lb. cake is $35.00 and each1.5 lb. fruitcake is $25.00—these prices include sales tax.
- Checks are preferred, but cash is also welcome—please ensure that you have the exact amount as change cannot be provided.
- A deposit box for checks/cash is also located in the foyer.
- AND WHEREAS OUR CREAMED HONEYS ARE AVAILABLE IN THE FOYER OF THE GIFT SHOP, the logistics involved dissuade us from making any other products or items from the Gift Shop available at this time—we thank you for your understanding.
- Also, please note that the monastery and abbey chapel remain closed to the public until further notice.
Please join us in praying for all those directly affected by this unprecedented health crisis—especially those who have lost loved ones.